How to bake a delicious cheesecake - with only THREE ingredientsby Richard Bailey 28/07/2015 22:54:00 0 comments 1 Views
The delicious treat is quick to prepare and tasty too - and you won't even need a shopping list to remember all the ingredients
If you love a good homemade dessert but you're no Mary Berry, then this could be the perfect recipe for you.
Because this delicious white chocolate cheesecake requires just three ingredients and less than 45 minutes to bake.
The Soufflé Cheesecake, also known as a Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, is made using three eggs, some white chocolate and cream cheese.
The genius recipe has been uploaded to YouTube alongside a helpful how-to video by online Japanese foodie star Ochikeron.
Her simple cheesecake guide has now been viewed more than 1.6 million times.
Ochikeron has also created a simple chocolate cake recipe, plus pancakes, biscuits and brownies. You can check out her YouTube channel for more information.
How to make the Soufflé Cheesecake
120g white chocolate
120g cream cheese
15cm cake tin
Method (Serves 6, 230kcal per slice)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Keep egg whites in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them.
2. Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water (60C/140F). Then add the cream cheese and melt them together. Remove the bowl from the double boiler, add the egg yolks, and mix well.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down without the mixture falling out.
4. Add 1/3 of the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture and blend well with a spatula. Then add the rest of the egg whites a bit at a time and mix well.
5. Rub some oil/butter on parchment paper and use it to line the cake tin. Pour the batter into the tin and drop the tin lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Place the cake pan on a baking sheet. Pour some hot water into the baking sheet. Bake at 170C (338F) for 15 minutes, 160C (320F) for 15 minutes, then stop the heat and bake with the remaining heat for 15 minutes.
7. When it is done, place the cake pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Tuck in to your delicious cheesecake!